Vida Guidance Center
4419 Third Avenue
Bronx, NY 10457
About the Vida Guidance Center
- The Vida Guidance Center is Comunilife’s outpatient Article 31 NYS-OMH licensed mental health clinic providing services to children, adolescents, adults and seniors who primarily live in the Bronx.
- The Vida Guidance Center primary modality is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which specializes in treating trauma, depression, anxiety, bereavement, post traumatic stress disorder. CBT is a short-term, goal-oriented psychotherapy treatment that takes a hands-on, practical approach to problem-solving, which changes patterns of thinking or behavior which clients usually see important change within a limited number of sessions.
- The Vida Guidance Center is a NYS Office of Mental Health designated “Children’s Specialty Clinic”.
- Services are available for:
- Severely emotionally disturbed children (SED)
- Adults and families
- Emotionally disturbed and/or severely mentally ill (SMI) adults
- Clients with a primary diagnosis of mental illness living with co-occurring substance use disorders, cancer, HIV/AIDS and other chronic illnesses
- Patients’ needs are met through a comprehensive assessment which includes a psychiatric evaluation and psychosocial assessment. Evidenced based treatment (EBP) modalities include individual, family, couples and group psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, medication management and education, crisis intervention, advocacy and referrals.
- Vida provides education, counseling and support services to the families of children we serve,
- Vida offers group therapy to treat clients with living with depression, children with ODD, ADHD or ADD, and psycho-education groups for parents; as well as support groups.
- Vida is sensitive to the needs of the LGBTQI community
- All services are provided in English and Spanish
Insurance: Medicaid and major insurance plans are accepted
For more information call: 718-364-7700
Referral Forms: Vida Guidance Center Intake Form
Open Intake Day: Clients interested in receiving Mental Health Services can start the process on by visiting the Clinic, without an appointment, on Tuesdays 9:00am to 11:00am and Thursday 11:00am to 6:00pm.
Clinic Hours: Monday—Thursday 9:00am – 8:00pm
Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 2:00pm