The Vida Guidance Center is Comunilife’s outpatient mental health clinic located at 4419 Third Avenue, Bronx. The Center offers services to a diverse group of Bronx residents. The New York State Office of Mental Health has designated the Center as a “Specialty Clinic” serving children as well as a site for Comprehensive Outpatient Programs Services. We are a Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Clinic and specialize in treating clients with depression, anxiety and trauma.
- Children, adolescents, and adults with mental health and co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
- Gay, lesbian, bi-sexual and transgender community
- People living with chronic medical conditions including cancer and HIV/AIDS
- To meet the patient’s individual needs, a comprehensive assessment is provided which includes psychiatric evaluation and psychosocial assessment. In collaboration with the patient and the family, treatment goals are formulated and discharge criteria are established. Treatment modalities include individual, family, couples, and group psychotherapy, psychopharmacology, medication management and education, crisis intervention. Case management, advocacy and referrals are provided as needed to help the client.
- Education is provided to the families of children we serve, and parent counseling and support services.
- All services are sensitive to the patients and family needs, and to cultural and ethnic patterns. Our staff is bilingual and fluent in Spanish.
- Group counseling is available to treat clients with depression and anger management issues, children with ADHD or ADD, and psycho-education groups for parents. We also offer support groups for clients in recovery from substance abuse, smoking cessation groups, and wellness self management groups.
- Medicaid and major insurance plans are accepted. We also offer fee scales for clients on an individual basis.
For more information or to make an appointment for mental health services, please call the Intake Referral Coordinator at 718-364-7700.
Prior to your first appointment please download and complete our Intake Referral Form. Completed forms can be emailed to: Intake Referral Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (718) 364-1513, or brought to the Vida Guidance Center.
If you prefer to walk in without an appointment for an intake assessment, the Clinic has Open Intake Hours every Tuesday, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. No appointments are necessary. Clients are seen first come, first serve during the walk-in hours. Please bring your insurance card.