Bilingual Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist – Vida Guidance Center – Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
The bilingual Child and Adolescent Psychotherapist will provide individual therapy utilizing psycho-dynamically orientated, trauma focused, cognitive behavioral and play therapy interventions, as well as family and group therapy modalities.
Working in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team of psychiatrists, social workers and other Masters level clinicians, with individual supervision provided to promote ongoing learning and support, the bilingual psychotherapist will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive, child and family assessments with a diagnosis and clinical formulation.
- Providing psycho-therapeutic parent and child interventions.
- Participating in clinical supervision.
- Participating in interdisciplinary treatment planning team meetings.
- Ensuring the prompt and timely completion of all required clinical documentation.
- Other related activities as needed.
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- An MSW or Masters in counseling, or other license track mental health profession.
- Minimum three years experience providing clinical assessments and psychotherapy with children, adolescents and families.
- Experience working with patients from culturally diverse backgrounds, and the ability to demonstrate cultural competence and sensitivity.
- Computer skills required.
- Familiarity with electronic clinic record systems, a plus.
- Bi-cultural candidates encouraged to apply.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.