Each year Comunilife holds a series of events that benefit Comunilife, its programs and the clients we serve. These events raise vital operating funds for our programs, including Life is Precious™, celebrate milestones in Comunilife’s history, and, educate the public about our mission.
Our Anniversary Breakfast gives us the opportunity to honor individuals and organizations whose actions positively effect Comunilife and the larger Hispanic community. The 27th Anniversary Breakfast will take place on Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 8:30 AM at the Marriott Marquis (1535 Broadway, Manhattan). It will benefit our Life is Precious program which provides services to Latina adolescent who have seriously considered or attempted suicide.
Previous Comunilife events have included:
- October 2015: 26th Anniversary Breakfast benefiting Life is Precious
- November 2014: 25th Anniversary Breakfast benefiting Life is Precious
- June 2014: Latina Suicide Prevention Day Day of Action
- October 2013: 24th Anniversary Breakfast benefiting Life is Precious
- October 2012: 23rd Anniversary Breakfast benefiting Life is Precious
- June 2012: A reception and exhibit viewing at the El Museo del Barrio for artwork by our Life is Precious™ .
- January 2012: An opening night reception for a new permanent art installation, by Art Connects New York, at our 20 unit Community Residence;
- November 2011: A Zumbathon that benefited Life is Precious™
- October 2011: The grand opening of Prospect Residence, a 60 unit residential building in the Bronx for older adults with special needs and low-income neighborhood seniors