Social Worker/Case Manager – Vida Guidance Center
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for a Social Worker/Case Manager to provide case management services for designated clients, carrying a caseload of up to 25 clients and their family members.
- Arranging support and home health care services as necessary, making referrals to medical, home care, mental health and/or substance abuse services.
- Maintaining regular personal contact and developing a trusting working relationship with clients in order to monitor physical and emotional capacity for independent living
- Visiting clients in their homes on a bi-weekly basis as mandated in program’s contract with HASA
- Formulating needs assessment and implementing service plan in conjunction with the housing team and HASA
- Documenting all contacts made with clients and any contacts on their behalf
- Completing a quarterly service plan review
- Contacting HASA Case Manager when there is a problem with client participation in the program
- Meeting with the Case Manager Supervisor every two weeks for supervision
- Submitting a weekly schedule of field visits.
- Participating in mandated training and seminars as well as meetings with peers and supervisors
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of principles and practices of case management.
- Initiative and ability to learn HRA Scattered Site Brooklyn Program and HIV/AIDS Program guidelines and Office of Mental Health regulations.
- Responsible, organized, effective, and efficient.
- Ability to perform multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills (writing, verbal and active listening).
- Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate, and culturally sensitive to persons who are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, and/or severe and persistent mental illness.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with other Comunilife employees, Federal, State, and City officials, professional and technical groups, clients, and the general public.
Education and Experience Requirement(s)
- Master Social Work; with at least two (2) years of Individual, family and group therapy/ counseling experience; particularly with HIV/AIDS affected populations and/or substance abuse individuals.
- Preference given to persons with experience in scattered site programs and bilingual – English/Spanish.
- Licensed Masters is Social Work (LMSW) preferred.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.