Social Worker Full Time – Vida Guidance Center, Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
Responsibilities: Social Workers will provide psychotherapy, psychiatric evaluations, counseling, medication follow-up care, case management, and other therapeutic services for adults, children and adolescents. Duties will include:
- Participates in in-take process and formulates a psychosocial evaluation and treatment plan
- Provides individual and group counseling and/or concrete social services
- Plans for discharge and aftercare
- Makes referrals to community resources
- Consults with professional personnel to implement a multidisciplinary approach to patient care
- Maintains case records and prepares statistical reports
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- 3-6 years clinical experience, including assessment, crisis intervention, triage, brief therapy, case management, and care coordination
- Extensive knowledge of OMH regulations, principles and practices
- Ability to handle complex clinical situations e.g., crisis situations, severe psychopathology, emergency commitments, suicide and homicide assessment
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Community minded, patient, creative, flexible, compassionate and culturally sensitive
- Bilingual in Spanish/English required.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to:firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.