Housing Development Project Manager
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services in New York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for a Project Manager for our Housing Development department with experience managing complex projects from feasibility assessments, site selection and pre-development through design and construction. The Project Manager will work closely with the Director of Housing Development and help supervise interns, independent contractors, and consultants. Key Priorities:
- A deep understanding of and experience with affordable housing, green design and construction for new development and retrofit of existing buildings.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax credit financing/compliance and supportive housing.
- Managing projects so that they are completed on time and on budget.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and minimum of three years of professional experience in affordable housing development, urban planning, community development, or related field; or
- Master’s degree and two years of professional experience. Experience must include application of low-income housing tax credits
Other Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to successfully manage a large number of unrelated tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong financial and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with New York City government and the not-for-profit sector a plus.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that includes: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: email@example.com. Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445. Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.