FFS Creative Art Therapist- Vida Guidance Center, Bronx, NY
Comunilife is a premier provider of housing, mental health, and HIV/AIDS services inNew York City. Our programs benefit more than 2,500 people each year – helping them overcome challenges related to extreme poverty; chronic homelessness; serious behavioral and medical issues; and, linguistic and acculturation barriers.
Our staff members work with a supportive team of supervisors and peers, receive in-depth training and ongoing opportunities for professional development, and, are part of an organization that recognizes, celebrates, and promotes personal and cultural strengths.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, and highly skilled bi-lingual creative arts therapist (Art and/or Drama) to join our Vida Guidance Center (VGC). VGC is an outpatient mental health clinic located in the Bronx. VGC opened in 1994 as the first mental health clinic in New York City dedicated to the treatment of persons with HIV/AIDS, mental illness and substance abuse. VGC provides bilingual/bicultural outpatient mental health services for children, adolescents, adults and families. This position provides creative arts therapy including intake assessments and treatment planning.
- Establishing and implementing comprehensive therapeutic individual therapy programs utilizing principles and practices of creative arts therapy
- Conducting individual assessments of patient’s strengths and weaknesses to evaluate social, cognitive, psychological and physical functioning through the creative arts process
- Developing treatment goals and objectives based on initial and ongoing assessments designed to improve functioning through the creative utilization of the techniques unique to the creative arts therapy discipline
- Implementing therapeutic interventions utilizing art, music, drama, dance or poetry
- Participating as an active member of the interdisciplinary treatment team by attending meetings and contributing to the formulation of individual patient comprehensive treatment plan
- Writing progress notes on patient’s behavior and responses to treatment goals
- Master’s degree in Creative Arts Therapy art, music, drama or dance/movement therapy with appropriate board certification and license and a defined course of study addressing assessment and treatment for persons with mental illness.
- One to three years experience working with families and children bi-lingual, in Spanish preferred.
- The Vida Guidance Center operates evenings and weekends, so schedule flexibility is necessary. This is a fee-for-service position.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent and comprehensive program of benefits for eligible employees that include: health, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, pension, 401K and paid time off.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the specific job title for which you are applying when submitting your application. Cover letters and resumes may also be faxed to Human Resources at 212-564-3445.
Comunilife is an equal opportunity employer.